Pre Trial Preparation
- Dress in a manner that shows respect for the court. Do not wear ball caps, beer shirts, shorts, cut-offs or any suggestive clothing.
- double check the time and the courtroom (bring a copy of the letter, the subpoena, or the appearance notice with you just in case you forget).
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to the courthouse. Plan on getting to court 15-25 minutes early. If you’ve never been to the courthouse before, it may be a good idea to do a dry run so that you won’t get lost.
- If you decide to drive, please remember, even though you have retained a lawyer to go to trial, there is still a chance you could be found guilty. If you are prohibited from driving as a result of being found guilty you will not be able to drive yourself home. Plan accordingly.
- When you are outside the courtroom, please check to see if your matter is on the list that is usually on the wall by the door.
- If your matter is not on the list, double-check against your letter, subpoena, or appearance notice. If it looks like you’re in the right place, go see the clerks. If you are still unsure, then phone our office.
- It is best to wait for the lawyer outside the courtroom if you haven’t met face to face yet. The lawyer will call your name out and then you can go in together.
- If you want to know what the lawyer looks like and you haven’t met them, yet, please see their picture on our website.
- Don't forget that you can’t bring in any food, drinks or cameras into the courtroom. As well, please turn off your cell phone and take your hat off.